One thing I have learned as a History Major is the importance of Primary Documents. While we can learn alot of information and memorize facts and dates from text books nothing is better than seeing a first hand account of a historical event. Primary Sources have been drilled into my head so much that its hard to imagine that I never not new the difference between the two. Many of you probably do not know that I am a certified Oral Historian... which means I can take people's history down and document it officially so all of this becomes natural to me...
anyway the point of this post is that I have realized I have an amazing opportunity to write down all of my experiences, feelings, and situations of that moment. In other words...keeping a private journal. While this blog is great for relaying my current events I dont have an outlet for writing my true feelings. And trust me...I have alot.
My expirement is to write down anywhere..my class notebooks, in my books, my computer or this blog what I am feeling at any given moment. Ive found it to be awesome already. Who knows maybe one day people will read my anecdotes and get a mood for life as a Central Student at this time. Our Library accepts donations of such artifacts and it would be a neat way to leave my legacy as a CWU student. I just wish I had thought to do it earlier....
you may read more personal entries on this blog fair warning just so I can document my life more. You never know when I will need to look back and remember a little bit of my own history! Or my own source of Primary Documents! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment