There are alot of little things that annoy me. Such as when people chew with their mouths open. Or I can hear people chew. Or when people dont merge correctly on the freeway, drive waaaay under the speed limit or dare to talk during a TV show and then have the adacity to ask what just happened. But nothing annoys me more than hypocrites, suck ups, and people with entitlement issues. These three are at the top of my list and I have found generally go hand in hand. I have lately just been so annoyed with people and their suck up, hypocritcal, entitlement issues that I just have to get it out there to the Universe. Maybe writing it on my blog is being passive aggresive...but frankly, I dont care.
I guess its something I should get use to. I deal with people like this everyday whether its at work with co-workers or customers, in the classroom or hell even in my family. I am fully willing to admit, that at times I too am guilty of my three annoyances. I have certainly on more than one occassion been a hypocrite. I have certainly tried to suck-up (I fail miserably and find that being polite gets you just as far as sucking up) and yes even at times have had entitlement issues. But the key thing here is that I recognize I have these...faults and work hard everyday to not fall victim. But I wonder why if I can easily admit my faults and that I make mistakes, why other people cant? Do people not see that they are being hypocritcal or do they just chose to ignore it because their ego is so big it wont allow them to?
Maybe its an insecurity, but lately Ive been thinking about what I say on my status updates on Facebook. I let myself go on my twitter account because there are less people there that I doubt care. But Facebook I have 366 friends. Thats 366 people who see what I say and follow what I do thanks to the stalker home page and lets face it we all know everybody loves to keep up on the gossip.I often read people's updates and wonder what the hell they are thinking especially when they are friends of mine. When do you tell somebody that their status is hypocritical or that they are clearly having an entitlement issue? Do they not know how ridiculous they sound?
Clearly not. Or they just simply dont care which is what bothers me the most. Why WOULDNT you care how you come across to people?! The same can be said for Suck Ups and even entitlement lovers. Is selling out friends, family, or co-workers really worth that extra little push you might get? Or relentlessly demanding and/or thinking you should get something just because you think you deserve it or to get that moment of praise that you crave? I often find that when they dont get what they want they are negative and foul until they get what they want when suddenly, they are singing a different tune...aka a total hypocrite.
Unfortunately these people always get ahead in life because people allow them to continue to behave the way they do without any consequences. Many of them get rewarded when they shouldn't be. Nobody, is willing to say what the majority is thinking. Including me. I often chose to stay quiet because I tend to think that the majority is thinking what Im thinking and hope that one day things will come full circle. Or that maybe, just maybe one day they will "realize" their fault like I have and want to "fix" it. One can dream right?! I guess the lesson here after my rant is that I cant change other people. I can only change myself. And while these things totally and througherly annoy me they are always going to be there and I have to think of a way to handle my feelings and just make sure that I am none of these things that I so dispise.
End. Rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment