Therefore, you can imagine my suprise when as I was walking home from class today I get a frantic phonecall from Chelsea saying Toke had gone missing. That Sarah and her had searched all over the house and could not find him anywhere and that the yard guy had said he had seen an adult black fat cat near the edge of Timothy Park's property near the big cow field. I thought it was a cruel joke. But then remembered that right before I had left for class I had stood in the doorway with the door wide open talking to my roomies before I shut the door and walked to school. I didnt remember Toke wandering past me outside but it was very possible that he had.
I was in a panic. I called for him as I got closer to home yelling "Here Kitty Kitty! Come here Toke!! Tokeriah!" like a fool. I went wandering partially into the cow field hoping to see him chasing a bird. Sarah and I met at home and preceded to drive around calling his name and parking near another field looking for him. Sarah who is not a huge fan of little Tokeriah wandered through a field yelling for him. I am crying thinking I have lost our cat! We looked through open garages thinking he had wandered in there hiding. We called his name and listened hoping to hear the meow we are so used to. I went in and looked through my closet afterall he loves to hide in there sometimes. Chelsea and Sarah had also looked in all the closets, the laundry room, under the beds, in the bathrooms, opened cubbards and decided he was indeed not in the house.
Chelsea came home from school and we wandered through Timothy Park calling for him and preceded to knock on doors to tell people that our black fat cat named Toke was missing and if they saw him to try and catch him and bring him to us. I can only imagine what people thought of three crazy girls crying about their fat cat named Toke. I just couldnt believe that he had gotten out and kept thinking that he had been watching the birds out my window which gets him so excited, saw the open door and made a run for it and quite possibly decided to follow me to school.
After we knocked on prettymuch everbody's doors in the vicinity of the area including looking under porches and barns across the street we came home and decided to call and leave descriptions with Vet offices as well as the humane society. Chelsea made signs to put up in case he didnt come home. We left his food dish and scratching post on the front porch hoping he would pick up the smell of home.
Chelsea then decided she would go on a run and see if she maybe didnt see him. Sarah and I settled in to do our homework with every blind and window open in the house hoping to maybe see him run across the lawn. I kept thinking that I heard a funny noise. As I was writing the homework assignments I needed to complete on my white board I heard a noise and looked over and lo and behold...there was tokeriahs head sticking out of the closet. Imagine my shock as I yelled TOKE! I started crying and grabbed him hugging him even Sarah was happy to see him and took off to try and find Chelsea...and then...the extreme anger set in. HE WAS IN MY CLOSET THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!!!!! all three of us had looked for him. we had called for him! we had tried to lure him out with food! HE IGNORED us! He got a bath as punnishment. He smells so good now
- Now everyone in the vicinity knows that the crazy girls at 801 have fat black cat named Tokeriah...I keep expecting somebody to bring a random black cat to our place
- Chelsea chased after a random black cat thinking it was Toke only to find she was chasing somebody elses black cat who did not appreciate her chasing their cat
- We atleast now know all of our neighbors...it was a great way to meet guys!
- Sarah and I got honked at and flipped off because we were driving so slow hoping to spot him
- our cat apparently hates us because he wouldnt respond to us even though we were all calling for him and looking for us in the closet and even bribed him with food
- 4 veternary offices now have a description of fat black cat named Toke
- we found out Sarah really does love Tokeriah
- we are reinforced in thinking that Toke would never survive outside as he layed on his back tonight curled up in my arms under a blanket watching Greys Anatomy.
But most important the little stinker was hiding in my closet the entire time. He has one hell of a hiding spot. And he never escaped. He was safe the entire time. Too bad we wasted 4 and half hours of our lives looking for the little poop.
No comments:
Post a Comment