Today seems like a great day to start a new blog. I realize as I get older, how much I wish I had kept a running journal growing up. Trying to remember the important memories and events in my life grow dimmer and dimmer as each day passes. Handwriting my thoughts seems uneventful and boring and I somehow think I would never write. However, since my mom always says Im on my computer..why not finally join the blogging world?
So lets dive on in.
Today our 44th President was sworn in as President. What a monumental day for our history. The one moment that stood out in our new President's speech was his ending. Where he mentioned that his father wouldnt have been served at the counter in a restauraunt 50 years ago...so true. While I agree and am excited at the prospect of our first African American President, I am also worried for our future. Elected partly because he was black, and because he represented change, I worry about the burden placed upon him. What change is he going to bring? Im still waiting to hear... I hope he can get us through this tough economic crisis and can prove his critics -including me wrong. I hope people understand and know that he cant change everything in 4 years and I respect that HE knows and understands the burden being placed upon him.
Today we are stepping into a new threshold...out with the old and in with the new. While I hate change, I realize, know and understand that its inevitable. While the person who gave me hope isnt my new leader today, I welcome my leader and pray that he is successful as the new leader of the free world.
No comments:
Post a Comment