I literally go to Barnes and Noble for fun, and to roam the Bargain Priced Shelves to find good reads at discounted prices. The problem is, that it is rare for me to leave empty handed. I justify it with the discount I get from being a B&N member, and also that it will be gone the next time I go in. But its not just B&N. I was addicted to Borders too. I love used bookstores, you just NEVER know what kind of treasures you will find in them. The problem, is that I buy and buy, and will start a book, and then another...and another...and another. I probably have close to 12 books right now that I want to read.
It literally drives me insane, because I can never decide which book to read. When I finally pick a book, I can hardly concentrate on it because I am thinking about the others. Did I choose the right one? Is another one more exciting? more important? The other problem, is I love to re-read my beloved books (Harry Potter, Twilight, Chelsea Handler books, etc etc) therefore I will start a book or read parts of a book I already read, thus abandoning the book I started. Im getting nowhere.
I have resolved that what I need to do is to stack each and every book up, in a pile, and start from there. when the book is finished it will go back on the shelf and the new one will begin. I will read my NEW books, and when the pile is finished, then I may read my OLD books.
As for buying them, I will try to curve my addiction, but there are no promises :)
As for my "pile" here goes....
- Jack Kennedy Elusive Hero
- The Kennedy Men
- The Kennedys an American Drama
- The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys
- Robert Kennedy
- The Secret Service
- Silent Night (Christmas Eve Truce during WWI)
- Bess W. Truman
- Talking to Heaven
- Final Gifts
- On Death and Dying
Hi, my name is Meghan, and Im not only addicted to just buying books, but to buying books on the Kennedys.... The first of the books was a Christmas gift, the rest were Used Bookstore treasure finds. Non the less, they still have to be read! :) The next two are books that I find interesting...and the last three are learning to deal with the inevitable...death. This topic and the reasoning for reading them however will be discussed in a later post.
I will keep my blog updated with the progress of the pile, and perhaps write a review or two...
No comments:
Post a Comment