Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heat Wave Update

  • Now, I love living in Washington. I love the rain, the occassional snow, the wind, and the rare sunny days. I am a total jeans and capris girl and really only like to wear workout shorts...therefore the weather here suits me well. Until this random heat wave. Sure, every summer we occassionally get into the 90's for a day or two and it usually ends in rain. But this. is. different. and I detest it. I dont like sweating its icky and gross. especially when I have to work!! And no, I never wish for this hot of weather! :)

  • I am reading an awesomely fascinating book : The Kennedy Women A Saga of an American Family. The history of the legendary Kennedy's and the influence of their parents and how each generation changed and grew... It gives such a deep look at life for an Irish-American Catholic at the turn of the century. Im not even half way through at 250 pages (small print) and cannot wait to continue reading!

  • My First Seadoo experience...with Chelsea and Elliott. A fun afternoon spent on Lake Washington cooling off. While the experience started out rocky I now love to Seadoo and hope that maybe I will get invited to go out again!!

  • Mariners, Mariners, Mariners...what ever shall I do with you?!

  • Work as always is fun and exciting. I love my new home (kiosk 15, section 142). I have a great partner Bruce and I have awesome co-workers. I was chosen to work a special event - honoring Ken Griffey Jr's 600th homerun. Sounds exciting right? WRONGO. Nevermind the fact that when the event ended I had been at work for a total of 11 hours and had been sunburned selling programs...I didnt even get to see or meet KGJ. I did however, get to meet Jackie from Jackie and Bender...score. And my favorite Chuck Armstrong came by to say hello. He must have remembered me from throwing a hanger at him (Again another story for another day...) Oh and did I tell you Im totally Bff's with Jack Hannahan's Mom? Yea...cause I am.

  • Read my Birthday Posts Below...had a fun night with Allie and Jen celebrating Jen's Birthday. We always have a good time, good laughs and make great memories. I love these girls and the only thing missing from our trio was our Jackie-O who couldnt make it. I will miss the girls at CWU next year like mad.

  • Klah Yah Hah (or something along those lines) day in Snohomish. Mom and I love the little town of Snohomish and met up with our friends the Lunde's. Brittainy and I have known each other since elementary school, and played softball together for years. Her parents and my Mom spent a lot of time together on the bleachers over the years, and we had alot of fun catching up and hangingout! We attended little brother Jayson's baseball game where he pitched a great game (and ended up coming home as tournament MVP!). I remember Jayson as a 3 year old and also as a 6th grader when I did Teaching Academy in his classroom when I was at Inglemoor! A fun day!

  • I am almost done with the Harry Potter Sevenology. I got distracted with the above mentioned book. Slowly and surely I will finish Deathly Hallows before Summer is up.

  • A haircut curtousy of Brittainy Lunde! Im much shorter, cooler and thinner and my hair is easier to manage. Blunde cut about 6 inches off. We had a fun night eating chicken spaghetti I made and rummaging through our senior yearbook laughing and remembering! Thanks for the wonderful hair cut Britt!

  • Brownosing goodness...Chrissy, Elena and I gathered one day to bake and bake, and bake, and bake some more treats to take to our bosses and co-workers at the beginning of last weeks homestand. Our finished products were: Reeses peanutbutter cup brownies, keylime and lemon bars, sugar cookies with "handpainted" bandwagon/lightrail busses on them, and Jam cookies shaped in baseballs. We were a success. We finished our evening by attending Mariner night at the Aquasox game with the other 12 employees who decided to show up. We fell in love with number 30....Ben. of the oppossing team....yes a fun night.

and now for a exciting weekend...A reunion with my D8 girlies Kenny G and Stacy to celebrate Stacy Graduating and a Sunday Boat Day with Jake and Quincy....Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment