I had a much needed Fun weekend.
Friday started out innocent enough with lunch and girl time at Jackie, Jen and Allie's house where we watched the 5th Harry Potter movie. Little did I know that it wouldnt end until 7am Saturday morning. My roomates and I are extremely competitive (in a fun loving way) and what started as watching the 1st Harry Potter movie turned into a challenge to watch all 5. In a row. No sleeping. Crazy? Absolutely. Let me explain.
Last year, Chelsea and I had a bet that we couldn't get off the couch for more than 5 minutes until we completed all 5 HP movies. We made it halfway through the 4th before we called a truce, went to bed and finished the next day. We declared Never Again. Until Sarah, an extreme Twilight fan who dislikes Harry Potter and had never seen all of the movies began watching when we started at 7pm. We didn't think she would watch it with us, and she challenged us to all 5 wanting to prove us wrong. Thinking she wouldnt make it past Prisoner of Azkaban (#3) Chelsea and I agreed to the challenge (did I mention we are competitve?!) As a proclaimed Night Owl I set myself up for the 12 hour marathon. The loser had to buy a plastic kiddie pool....(it is extremely hot over here)
Movie stretched into Movie...Pots of Coffee were made and drank, Coca Cola drank, Sunflower seeds consumed, the sun set, and then rose again. Interpretive dances were developed to stay awake in between movies, the cat was extremely confused and was the first to fall asleep. By the last half hour everyone was extremely delirious and not making much sense...but we all made it!! After a victory dance we headed to bed for a couple hour nap....before Saturday's Festivities began. Now if you are keeping up, I had already watched one HP movie that day. So I saw Order of the Phoenix twice for a total of 14 - 15 hours of Harry Potter. I will not be watching another HP movie until Half Blood Prince comes to the Theater in July. Chelsea thought it a cruel joke to turn on one of the movies playing on TV in our rooms Saturday night.
Saturday My friend Christin arrived for a visit. My little amount of sleep did not affect me at all! We watched World Series Softball, laid out in the sun with our ipod and my roomies and had a nice afternoon of chatter soaking up the sun! We then had a BBQ everybody brought something to contribute and we had a nice time in our first BBQ of the summer!!! yay!! The roomies crashed around 9:30 and I soon followed.
Sunday watched the Huskies clinch to go to the Finals!! Allie and Jen came over to watch Twilight before the MTV movie awards which was the most random thing I think I have ever seen in my life. We couldn't wait for the New Moon trailer!!! It Didn't dissappoint same with the HP 6 Trailer!!! (Both premeired at the movie awards...hince we watched Twilight to prepare...we are major nerds) And of course Twilight won 5/6 awards which is all of our favorite movie and book series right now (Sarah got us all on the Bandwagon)
And now its back to the grind!!!! But we I had a great weekend and actually got to spend time with good friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment